Re: database market share 2003

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 20:59:54 +1000

Joel Garry allegedly said,on my timestamp of 8/06/2004 7:40 AM:

> Whoops! http://www.oracle.com/rdb/index.html?content.html

Shewt! That must be recent. It's not long ago I stopped at OTN download areas where they referred to it as "Oracle's Hierarchical db". Or some other silly term.

There you go folks: proof that marketing idiocy strikes ALL of them, not just IBM.

> (It's been 10 years?)

Unreal, eh? :)
What worries me is I remember competing with RDB without Oracle. At Prime! Bugger, that was a LOT more than 10 years ago...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto