OCI with 7000 row

From: kinko <kinko_at_libero.it>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 20:25:58 GMT

as first SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

THEN:     I've a problem with a query returned 7000 row:

when I try to execute it from my application (by OCI) I reciev a timeout, but when I force it with /*+ ordered use_nl(....)*/ it perform the result!!!! with all 7000 rows.

The plane for the query shows that in the first case the CBO is used and the table is accessed by Index, in the second not (correct by the hint).

The very strange thing is that with a SQLPLUS client always ok, with or without hint. Received on Mon Jun 07 2004 - 15:25:58 CDT