Re: How about an Oracle debate?

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 05:55:37 +1000

"Rahul" <rahul_ocp8i_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f8af2f95.0406071135.16b1784_at_posting.google.com...
> Rather than tagging others, how about DB vs HJR only! that would be
> educational and fun ;-)

Well, I think your post confirms that Don's pulled off a neat trick here.

It's not fun to have him contact your employer in a bid to silence you. It's not fun to have him make veiled threats about 'dropping by' with his 'friends'
It's not fun to see a professional issue descend to the "people love conflict" level.
It's not fun to see what should be a matter of dispassionate fact and technical accuracy become vaudeville.

But distracting people with "fun" is what Don hoped he would manage.

It saves him having to be technically accurate in his descriptions of how Oracle works.
It saves him having a conscience about selling misleading and inaccurate information to unsuspecting Oracle newbies. It saves him having to behave in a professional manner. It saves him being subjected to the technical scrutiny he deserves, and can't stand.

Regards
HJR