Re: SRW package

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 11:07:22 -0400

SRW package is specific to Oracle Reports -- has nothing to do with V$SQLAREA. Oracle Reports is not a good tools for an automatically refreshing screen.

You could use a time in Oracle Forms to automatically refresh a query based on V$SQLAREA (or any tables/views)

Or, if you are using mod_plsql for a web-based interface, you could incorporate a JavaScript timer in your generated code to refresh the page (or frame) containing the query results.

Bottom line, use a timer function appropriate to your UI tool.