Re: ORACLE TCP Comunication

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 14:26:36 GMT

Sids wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I would like to capture the traffic of a oracle server & oracle clinet
> exist on the same machine. would like to capture all the query coming
> through loopback.. i have put my program between tcp & ip layer to
> capture the loopback traffic .. but seems it uses some sharred memory
> .. could any body lemme know the parameters i need to change to
> disable the shared memory uses
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> regards

Operating system and versions??? what applicatin are you using to make the connection? SQL*Plus? homegrown? what does your connect statement look like? Depending on OS etc... using username/password_at_sid (must have TNSNAMES and Listener properly configured) will generally force it to use the network as it's transport.

Michael Austin. Received on Mon Jun 07 2004 - 09:26:36 CDT