Re: archive log question

From: andrew_webby at hotmail <andrew_webby_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Jun 2004 07:23:21 -0700

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:<40bc21fd$0$1587$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>... <snip>
> Just make sure you test it all out when you've got it all up and running.
> Blow up a data file (well, if you're not feeling brave, just rename one!)
> then restart your instance; restore; recover. Then try other scenarios
> (losing all control files, for example). Do an incomplete recovery. Test and
> test and test, and then you can relax. Sort of!!
>
> Regards
> HJR
Hi Howard

Seeing this post reminded me of an excellent PDF I downloaded from your site some time back, Backup and Recovery, Version 4.0.1 22/05/00.

Wondered if that had been updated at all as I had a look around dizwell.com and didn't see anything immediate? It remains an excellent resource as-is on backing up and recovery so perhaps it doesn't need so much in that respect.

Rgds

AW Received on Mon Jun 07 2004 - 09:23:21 CDT