Re: database market share 2003

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.eye-be-em.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 08:55:18 -0400

Noons wrote:
> and funnily enough, Oracle is streets ahead in PRECISELY those platforms
> with Microsoft catching up faster than anyone else.
> UDB? How do you spell that? Some 35% INDEED...
Correct. That's how the game goes when one enters the market late. But I see this as the glass being (already) half full. When I joined IBM shortly after DB2 V5 shipped I was not certain I made a good move given an abysmal marketshare at the time. Now, tracking the share over 3 releases I think I'm in the right spot.

Cheers
Serge

--
Serge Rielau