Re: Info on large tables wanted

From: Markus Vohburger <markus.vohburger_at_t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 08:08:59 +0200

Thank you for this link!

I have not yet decided on what Hardware it is going to be run, i will collect further information first. I think that i can compact the data on a half-hourly basis, as they only need to know how many pretzels they sell between 10:00 and 10:30 for example, this gives quite small tables. But it would be quite interesting for them to have a complete sales Journal for future expansions. I think i will store the raw data in a seperate tablespace and generate compacted data from the raw data as well to be stored in a much smaller table for the actual reporting.

MV

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96520/toc.htm