Re: A replication question/mlml

From: Paul Brewer <nothing_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 18:30:26 +0100

Late into this one, sorry.

How about a simple read only snapshot (refresh fast) of the small table in the database with the large table?
Then put an after insert row level trigger on the snapshot, which simply inserts :new.* (so to speak) into the large table. That way your local snapshot of the small table will stay small, while the large table will just accumulate all the inserts.

Hope this helps,
Paul