Re: database market share 2003

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 6 Jun 2004 20:27:28 -0700

"Jeroen van den Broek" <Jeroen_at_NO_SPAMbaasbovenbaas.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<10c6aivlc1efqfa_at_corp.supernews.com>...

> Have you ever used Oracle on OS/390?

Matter of fact, I have. When that crap was called MVS/XA.

> I wouldn't say it works EXACTLY and PRECISELY the same there.

I would say you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

> Oracle on OS/390 comes with quite a few manuals specific for that
> environment, which wouldn't be necessary for a product that doesn't care on
> which platform it is executed.

And coming with manuals that explain that deranged platform is a fault of Oracle in not being the same as everywhere else?

Here is a clue: stop measuring your knowledge of a product by the weight of manuals. It helps too if you read them... Received on Sun Jun 06 2004 - 22:27:28 CDT