Re: 9i New Features E-book

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 15:34:36 +1000

"hrishy" <hrishys_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:4ef2a838.0406052026.3e66ef87_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi Howard
>
> Not complaining..but i just did a read of your new 9i R2 features
> guide..and two key concepts which were there in the earlier guide of
> yours RAC and datagaurd are missing in this release was that delebrate
> ?
>
> I would have liked if you could have included the above two in that
> document.

Sorry, I read your post in a hurry and missed the punch line regarding RAC and Data Guard.

Both are definitely there in the new version. Last two chapters, actually.

I have mucked around with the chapter order, because that was something that was quoted at me as being Oracle's copyright at one point (seriously. They'll be claiming the gene sequence in my DNA next). Also, I left the two chapters that can have not much realistic chance of practical experimentation to the end of the document, so that the rest of it is full of practical SQL and then you get a couple of short chapters of dirty great theory.

But those two topics are definitely there.

Regards
HJR Received on Sun Jun 06 2004 - 00:34:36 CDT