Re: database market share 2003

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 21:35:25 +1000

Larry allegedly said,on my timestamp of 5/06/2004 9:09 AM:

> Precisely! The case is made that different code bases is actually
> better! You've got to have different exploitative code on each platform.

Is it better really? I'd hate to have to write ANYTHING for a "same code base" product that needs this:
https://aurora.vcu.edu/db2help/db2c0/frame3.htm#db2c024 for people to be able to use it in each platform.

The same crap for Oracle would be resumed in one (1) sentence: Oracle works EXATLY and PRECISELY the same REGARDLESS of what platform you run it on.

Now, you can take your "optimized-single-code-base-that-is-not- quite-the-same-but-we'd-really-really-like-everyone-to-believe- it-is" and quite frankly, shove it...

;)

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto