Re: 9i New Features E-book

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 21:25:10 -0700

Howard J. Rogers wrote:

> Even worse is the tactic, employed by one, which runs like this "If you
> criticise my technical knowledge, I will contact *your employers* and
> threaten *them* with a law suit. See how long you remain employed after
> that". Fortunately, every employer I've heard of subjected to that kind of
> approach says "Get lost, you obvious weirdo". But that the approach is made
> in the first place indicates "badness" of the first order.
>
> Best regards,
> HJR
Just so you know ... in the United States freedom of speech protects you if you express a personal opinion about someone in a public forum provided your statement is not an incitement to violence or a reference to criminal behavior.

On the other hand ... calling one's employer and trying to get them fired ... or calling firms they contract to and trying to get them to breach a contract is actionable and very large settlements have been awarded.

People living in glass houses should refrain from throwing stones.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu