dbca on RH9/9ir2 giving errors

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no_spam_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 16:23:53 GMT

I just installed 9ir2 on RH9, nothing unusual about the install except I had to rpm -e the old glibc's before I could downgrade to 2.3.2-5, other than that it went exactly as described on the Werners and Howards sites.

The only difference from my last install (besides the glibc)is that I installed the latest patchset *before* I created any databases.

However, when using dbca this time to create a database, it would crater with a error on line 124 and show the line "$JRE_DIR/bin/jre -DORACLE_HOME=$OH -DJDBC_PROTOCOL=thin -mx64m -classpath $CLASSPATH oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.Dbca $ARGUMENTS"

Not a show stopper in any case, since it would only fail when you clicked the final "ok", when I had it just generate the create scripts it generated them without error.

I'm just curious if anyone else has ran in to this, as I followed exactly the same steps as the last install, which produced no errors.

tia... Received on Fri Jun 04 2004 - 11:23:53 CDT