How to determine default tablespace and accessible tablespaces

From: André Hartmann <andrehartmann_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 16:58:22 +0200

Hi there,

  I have an Oracle user account on a 9i instance which is granted roles CONNECT and RESOURCE plus UNLIMITED TABLESPACE system right. Now I wonder if that user can determine:

(1) What is his default tablespace and default temporary tablespace (user
cannot select from sys.dba_users --> ORA-00942) ?
(2) What is the set of tablespaces that there are in the instance (user
cannot select from sys.dba_tablespaces --> ORA-00942) ?
(3) What is the set of tablespaces that the user is allowed to create schema
objects in ?

  Thanks a lot,

André