Having Deadlock Problem

From: andy <anandv81_at_rediffmail.com>
Date: 4 Jun 2004 03:01:13 -0700

Hi,

I am working on an online application built using ASP.NEt(C#) which uses COM+ enterprise services and Oracle 9i (Hosted on Sun Solaris), the application server is hosted on windows 2000 Advanced Server. There is a very severe problem being faced by us that, the transactions that are handled by COM+ hang up and take up the resources and Database Locks. As a result the subsequent transactions fail and are not able to access the database tables. The error code returned is

ORA-02049: timeout: distributed transaction waiting for lock

I am new to oracle and having a really bad time with this problem as the whole application comes to a standstill. Attached below is a trace file provided by my DBA . Can someone please help me with this as I dont know how to interpret the data given in this file. Essentially I want to know , what could be triggering this behaviour (eg. Resource contention, table/Row level locking).

Thanks in advance

Regards

Anand

Release:	5.8
Version:	Generic_108528-27
Machine:	sun4u

Instance name: POS
Redo thread mounted by this instance: 1
Oracle process number: 36
Unix process pid: 12546, image: oracle_at_hddc48app01 (TNS V1-V3)

UPDATE STOCKBALANCE SET N_APPQTYWITHSCHEME = 65 WHERE (
(V_WAREHOUSECODE = :V00002) AND (V_STOCKCODE = :V00003) AND ((791109
IS NULL AND N_RESERVEDQUANTITY IS NULL) OR (N_RESERVEDQUANTITY = 791109)) AND ((:V00006 IS NULL AND B_AUTHENTICATIONSTATUS IS NULL) OR
(B_AUTHENTICATIONSTATUS = :V00007)) AND ((14252 IS NULL AND
N_AVAILABLEQUANTITY IS NULL) OR (N_AVAILABLEQUANTITY = 14252)) AND
((55 IS NULL AND N_APPQTYWITHSCHEME IS NULL) OR (N_APPQTYWITHSCHEME =
55)) AND ((:V00012 IS NULL AND N_VERSION IS NULL) OR (N_VERSION = :V00013)) )
End of information on OTHER waiting sessions.