Re: v$rollstat

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:22:08 +0000 (UTC)

Some transactions (for example incoming distributed queries) don't show up in v$transaction, even though you can see a transaction address (taddr) in v$session.

You could look at the underlying X$ktcxb.

    kxidusn will be the undo segment number     ktxcbxba will be the taddr from v$session

You can decode the ktcxbsta column for the status:
 decode(ktcxbsta,

  0, 'IDLE',
  1, 'COLLECTING',
  2, 'PREPARED',
  3, 'COMMITTED',
  4, 'HEURISTIC ABORT',
  5, 'HEURISTIC COMMIT',
  6, 'HEURISTIC DAMAGE',
  7, 'TIMEOUT',
  9, 'INACTIVE',
  10, 'ACTIVE',
  11, 'PTX PREPARED',
  12 ,'PTX COMMITTED',
      'UNKNOWN'

 ) status,

and the ktcxblfg can be bit-stripped to give you some information about the type:

 decode(bitand(ktcxbflg, 2),  0, 'YES', 'NO')      distributed,
 decode(bitand(ktcxbflg, 16), 0, 'NO', 'YES')      space,
 decode(bitand(ktcxbflg, 32), 0, 'NO', 'YES')      recursive,
 decode(bitand(ktcxbflg, 8388608), 0, 'NO', 'YES') parallel?,

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Optimising Oracle Seminar - schedule updated May 1st