Oracle database Server 9.2 fails to start when Windoes 2000 Pro machine rebooted

From: Gopal Sharma <bunty_gopal_reference_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Jun 2004 07:39:08 -0700

Hi,

 I installed the Personal Edition of Oracle 9.2 server on my Windows 2000 Professional machine. Immediately after installation, the DB worked fine, responding to client connections and SQL queries. But after I restarted my machine, the server is not responding to client connections - giving TNS:no listener error in the net8 configuration assistant.

Can any one help and point out what might eb the reason, and how to fix it?

I tried creating new DBs but was unable to connect, even though there was no hiccup during installation.

However, the log files seem to show the server starting when i reboot the machine. following is the contents of log trace file:

Dump file c:\ora9ias\admin\mntest1\udump\mntest1_ora_1340.trc Tue Jun 01 21:54:52 2004
ORACLE V9.2.0.1.0 - Production vsnsta=0
vsnsql=12 vsnxtr=3
Windows 2000 Version 5.0 Service Pack 4, CPU type 586 Personal Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production
Windows 2000 Version 5.0 Service Pack 4, CPU type 586 Instance name: mntest1

Redo thread mounted by this instance: 0 <none>

Oracle process number: 12

Windows thread id: 1340, image: ORACLE.EXE

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
GS Received on Wed Jun 02 2004 - 09:39:08 CDT