Re: database market share 2003

From: Buck Nuggets <bucknuggets_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Jun 2004 15:47:24 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1085961757.451220_at_yasure>...

> You can't call the fact that I, personally, have never run into
> DB2 on Windows nonsense.

No, but I can call that fact totally irrelevant. I have never run into a production oracle database on windows either. But then again - I'm seldom involved in windows projects. So this experience of mine is also totally irrelevant.

You're an oracle consultant, right? Let me guess...you don't get called into a lot of db2 projects, right? Hmmm, there could be a conection here...

BTW, lately I have been running into db2/windows implementations - often in conjunction with websphere and its add-on applications.

And please - spare us the appeal to authority argument of your fortune 1000 companies. Many of us have consulted at dozens of forture 1000s - and know how rare it is to ever see more than 1-2% of their IT infrastructure. The fact that you may have spent two weeks configuring an oracle server in the marketing department of company X says and were not informed of their other vendor products is so meaningless that it only further erodes your weak credibility on the db2 market share.

I appreciate when you set the record straight on unfair oracle criticisms. When you're the one engaging in FUD, you fall into the same value category as body enhancement spam...

buck Received on Tue Jun 01 2004 - 17:47:24 CDT