Re: performance impact of index

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 21:32:21 +0100

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:40b6631a$0$8987$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au...
> > My colleague did meet a dba who was proudly in charge of a database with
> no
> > user data in it whatsoever, and should there be occasion when he found
> data
> > in it he wasn't to look. it wasn't read only though.
>
> :-o
>
> Plonk.
>
> (Sound of me falling off my chair, laughing. Thank God I wore the tighter
of
> my two corsets this morning, else I fear my sides would have split).

Military Intelligence - no seriously. The db received mission data/processed it about a bit and moved it in elsewhere. I still have the image of the performance reviews - or whatever the military do - seen any data this year perkins? No. Good, ten percent bonus for you then. Good lesson for tutors not to ask students about the size of the databases they manage though.

Of course this is now sharing brain space with the corset image :(

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA