Re: database market share 2003

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 23:02:53 -0700

Larry wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> What was your motivation in making the statement that you have never
> seen DB2 on Windows? You know the answer. You were trying to disparage
> DB2's presence in the distributed marketplace. And distributed means not
> only Windows ... but UNIX also. That's why I answered your statement
> with a personal experience with UNIX. There are pleny of customers who
> run DB2 on UNIX ... who don't want to run DB2 (or any rdbms) on Windows.
>
> Larry Edelstein

Is paranoia a prerequisite for working with DB2 these days?

I was responding to a statement that said it was successful on that platform by stating I'd yet to see it implemented that way once. Now if a statement of fact is disparaging so be it.

If my experience is not the norm, as you and Mark seem to wish to indicate ... where are the numbers? Or is asking for numbers a vicious attack?

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu