Re: database market share 2003

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 17:06:28 -0700

Larry wrote:

> And I can say that across about half a dozen customers that I have in
> the NY Metro area, I have two that are using DB2 on Solaris (and in both
> cases, they did not have DB2 on any other platform prior to Solaris).
>
> Larry Edelstein

And I wouldn't begin to disagree with you. Of course we both know that Solaris is not Windows and that what I wrote was:

"I've yet to run into a single instance of DB2 on Windows ... or for that matter DB2 on non-IBM hardware"

Which part of my use of the word Windows made both you and Mark immediately run out and decide to talk about Solaris rather than address the reference to Windows? ... I know ... and I'm sorry I added the second part of the sentence. But while your experience may be valid in the NY Metro area ... it is not my experience from any site I am aware of on the West Coast.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu