Re: What so special about PostgreSQL and other RDBMS?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 23:32:01 +1000

Galen Boyer allegedly said,on my timestamp of 30/05/2004 1:05 PM:

>>>is the Open Source proposition. The software is free, and the
>>>skilled will get paid in tinkering. There is now a whole new,
>>>"Tinkering consultant" industry.
>>
>>Dream on...

> ?

Apologies if this sounds patronizing. It is not intended that way.

Galen, my cyber-friend (and I sincerely hope some day a real friend in front of a drink - if you drink): do not confuse a bunch of websites with *kewl* names like "mssux.com" or "openrulz.org" and other idiotic childish gibberish with a thriving industry. The last four years of IT worldwide have basically shown that mob what reality is all about. And it is NOT about "kewlness", "tinkering" or anything of the sort. It's about $$$$$. Mooolah. Value. Profit. Nothing else. The "internet business model" is basically dead, apart from a few leftovers.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto