Re: Anyone ever seen this kind of behavior

From: Frank Langelage <frank_at_lafr.de>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 19:57:15 +0200

Jay wrote:
> Hi, I just installed the 10.1.0.2 upon linux, when I drop a table, it
> doesn't get dropped instead the name gets changed to gobbledy goop

This is a known and behaviour. "drop table test" renames the table to an internal name. You may do an "undelete" with "FLASHBACK TABLE TEST TO BEFORE DROP;".
I you want to delete it now and give the space free: "purge table test". You may still drop a table completely without undelete option with the command "drop table test purge;". Received on Sat May 29 2004 - 12:57:15 CDT