JDBC Connection Refused to 10g on Solaris 8

From: Tim Smith <timasmith_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 May 2004 20:33:29 -0700

Hi,

Not sure where the problem is but I have a new demo Solaris 8 Sparc Blade 480 server, on which I installed Oracle 10g.

I have 4 PCs spawning 15 threads each with a couple of database connections (each) and I watch the Oracle select count(*) from v$session run up to 110 or so before suddenly the JDBC connections fail, saying tns listener refused the connection.

I cant find anything exciting in the listener.log and the database sessions max is set to 1000. I tried prespawning threads and cant see anything for max processes on the Solaris and I am at my wits end.

I had upgraded to classes12.jar for 10g from otn.oracle.com and I am using Java 1.4. I never had a problem against the old Oracle 8.0.5 databases for the same code/JDBC connections.

Does anyone have any idea why connections would be refused once they become numerous??

thanks!

Tim Received on Thu May 27 2004 - 22:33:29 CDT