Re: Oracle 8i Personal install hangs on Win2k

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 15:45:42 -0500

On 27 May 2004 13:10:10 -0700, brian_e_ballard_at_hotmail.com (Brian Ballard) wrote:

>Ok, I have installed several servers (usually Linux), but recently
>have had to install against win2k. Oracle 8i enterprise installs work
>fine (after dealing with well known JIT issue), however I am now
>trying to install 8i (8.1.7) Personal Edition and it hangs at the
>net8 setup of listener. I tried against another win2k vanilla server
>and it hangs at the same point.
>
>I have killed the net8 setup. I then check the services and find that
>there is a Lsitener configured and started. If I tnping the machine
>name it succeeds. Also netstat -a shows it listening on 1521 as
>epxcted.
>
>So I try to run DBCA to create a database.... and it fails with
>ORA-12560 TNS protocol adaptor failure.
>

>Searches in forums show i'm not the only one suffering this, but
>no-one has posted a good answer.
>
>Any help or advice would be great.

Are you doing this from a Terminal Services client? Everything you've described is exactly what I've run into this week as I tried my first install on a Windows Terminal services box. Reading your post was deja vu all over again. I could just submit your post as my weekly status report. Received on Thu May 27 2004 - 15:45:42 CDT