Re: SQL *Loader load data from MVS EBCDIC files

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 12:07:21 -0500

On 27 May 2004 01:54:25 -0700, kunjumon_at_alex4all.com (Kunj) wrote:

>Could any tell me how to load data into oracle 9i. The data is
>unloaded from DB2/MVS 5 environment.
>
>Please explain the steps
>
>Regards
>Kunj

Replying only in the NG in which I read this . ..

If SQL*Loader doesn't provide that kind of translation, then it must assume that the input is in the encoding scheme of the platform on which it is running.

The ftp running on the MVS can certainly do the translation to ascii when you 'put' the file to the ascii-based machine. Received on Thu May 27 2004 - 12:07:21 CDT