Re: database market share 2003

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 16:03:27 GMT

rkusenet wrote:

> http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/040526/tech_database_marketshare_1.html
>
> Interesting to see that database sales for windows is more than
> Unix.

In the industry, we've been through these statistics battles before. I wonder which variant on statistics and sample techniques they used to 'prove' this one.

(Such numbers no longer mean anything except to people who have no idea what numbers mean. And for those people, I found a wonderful new book: The complete idiot's guide to statistics.)

/Hans Received on Thu May 27 2004 - 11:03:27 CDT