Re: Writing literal text across more than one line in PL/SQL

From: Daniel Nichols <daniel_at_rdnichols.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 17:02:44 +0100

On Wed, 26 May 2004 21:26:03 +0100, Daniel Nichols <daniel_at_rdnichols.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm writing some unit tests with utPLSQL
>(http://utplsql.sourceforge.net/) that do query comparisons.
>
>I'd like to write and define them so that I can test the SQL in
>SQL*Plus without having to then re-write them (adding the necessary
>quotes and concatenation symbols) in the PL/SQL package.

Apologies, it appears it is perfectly possible to write something along the lines of ...

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY test_literal IS

    PROCEDURE test IS

        test          VARCHAR2(3000)
            :=
            '
            Loads OF text, blah blah
            blah blah
            blah blah
            ';

    BEGIN
        DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(test);

    END; END;
/

I don't know why I thought it was not. Perhaps it was an issue previously in Oracle 7 and I kept doing things this way. Received on Thu May 27 2004 - 11:02:44 CDT