Re: "instead of select" trigger

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 07:28:22 -0700

Christian "Raistlin" Gulich wrote:

> "dnh" <nogood_at_using.this.addr.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>

>>One word - VIEWS

> I have to pass parameters to the procedures, depending to the current query.
> If it isn't possible, to get the querieng sql statement in a view to pass it
> to the procedures, views are not a solution for me.
>
> Christian

It is often better to ask questions than to make statements that may or may not be true.

You can pass parameters to view created with functions and also by using DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO. There is a demo showing this at: http://www.psoug.org/reference/dbms_applic_info.html

In 10g you can, in fact, write the equivalent of an INSTEAD OF trigger for a select ... check out the ADDM.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu