Re: Too bad performance of nested table insert operation

From: Tony <andrewst_at_onetel.net.uk>
Date: 27 May 2004 04:44:15 -0700

pool0078_at_hanmail.net (Min-Koo Seo) wrote in message news:<4c458db8.0405260851.2b8bc3fd_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hello.
>
> I am running oracle 8i (8.1.7) in linux kernel version 2.4.25
> (redhat).
>
> What I want to do is migrate existing tables into nested table form to
> save storage.

Probably if you look into how nested tables actually work under the covers you'll find there is no storage saving at all. See Tom Kyte's book "Expert One on One Oracle". Nested tables are actually stored as separate tables, with some smoke and mirrors to make them look like they are part of the main table. Received on Thu May 27 2004 - 06:44:15 CDT