Re: Init.ora Parameters & Memory

From: Mill <mill.h_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 09:02:34 +0100

>Well, either that's a typo, or you've got serious problems. You have 1GB
for
> a shared pool. And only 1200 buffers in the buffer cache (assuming, for a
> moment a 32K db_block_size, that would be a paltry 38MB).

Hi

Thanks for your comments, I am afraid that is not a typo, I have inherited the system
from a so called DBA.

The DB_block_size is set to 8192.

The DBA has informed me there is not much i can really due to the system to do our ERP system
using a rule based optimiser rather then a cost based optimizer, this seems very strange indeed.

I am booked on a DBA course next month so hopefully i can get up to speed on some
of these settings.

Thanks for your time and comments.

Mill