Re: Init.ora Parameters & Memory

From: Mill <mill.h_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 08:44:21 +0100

> What performance metrics are you seeing that indicated that either of
> these (or any other) should be increased? What are your top 5 wait
> events? While there are no rules of thumb, and compareing one db to
> an unknown other is fraught with danger, your shared_pool_size is
> already 5 times bigger than my largest one. I could easily be wrong,
> but given the question and lack of additional information, I smell
> hardware being thrown at an undiagnosed problem.

Hi

Thanks for your reply,

top 5 events are                             Total Waits
db file sequential read                     33,047,466
SQL Net more data to client           21,243,585
db file scattered read                       1,700,118
direct path read                                700,234

Size of DB is about 100gb in total. are the init.ora settings fine for this

Rgds
Mill Received on Thu May 27 2004 - 02:44:21 CDT