different fields in v$sqlarea

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 21:20:52 -0400

Is buffer_gets the same thing as 'consistent gets' in autotrace outputs? Its how many latch gets oracle takes on the buffer cache?

What is meant by 'shared memory used by a cursor'? What is considered shared?

What does it mean by sort? Is that the sort operation in the explain plan?

I'm assuming that a parent cursor is the initial parse of the cursor. A child cursor is created when a soft parse is done and new values are 'bound' to the cursor. Am I correct? Received on Wed May 26 2004 - 20:20:52 CDT