PITR from a Cold Backup

From: Charles Davis <cdavis10717_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 16:28:26 -0400

Hi, all.

Is it possible to restore an Oracle cold backup, and then apply archives created after the cold back to recover the database to a specific point in time?

If so, can you please point me to the documented process, the startup method, recovery clause, etc.

I want to confirm what a consultant told me and I wanted to read the exact docs on it and/or hear other expert opinions and experiences.

thanks.

Charles Received on Wed May 26 2004 - 15:28:26 CDT