How to implement this security model?

From: Aaron <aaron.kurz_at_acs-inc.com>
Date: 26 May 2004 12:18:17 -0700

Running Oracle 9i (9.2.0.4) on Solaris

We need to be able to allow end-users to add and drop columns from a particular table, but need to restrict their drops to only the columns which they (end-users) have added. In other words, we have a table with columns which must remain, but the end-user should be able to add and remove his own columns at will.

I thought DBMS_RLS might be a path to take, but it doesn't seem to have an ADD_POLICY for ALTER statement.

Any idea's would be appreciated.

Thanks. Received on Wed May 26 2004 - 14:18:17 CDT