Exporting over Network

From: Tom <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 17:27:46 +0100

8.1.7.4.0 - Linux
8.1.7.0.1 - Linux

Hi,

I'm trying to save myself a lot of time and export a 8.1.7.0.1 db over the network to another machine running 8.1.7.4.0

I suspect i can't and thats why i'm running into this error - but when i run exp from the 8.1.7.4.0 machine connecting to a SID on the 8.1.7.0.1 machine i get

Connected to: Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.1 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.0.1 - Production
Export done in US7ASCII character set and WE8ISO8859P1 NCHAR character set
. exporting pre-schema procedural objects and actions
. exporting foreign function library names for user XXXXX
. exporting object type definitions for user XXXXX
About to export XXXXX objects ...
. exporting database links
. exporting sequence numbers

EXP-00008: ORACLE error 904 encountered
ORA-00904: invalid column name
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

I believe this is due to a newer client connecting to the older server but can anyone confirm this - I thought i'd be OK as they are 'minor' version numbers different between the two but apparently not it seems

thanks for any clarification

Tom Received on Wed May 26 2004 - 11:27:46 CDT