2GB limit for SGAs

From: Chloe Crowder <chloe.crowder_at_bl.uk>
Date: 26 May 2004 09:14:42 -0700

Hi

We're running 32-bit 8.1.7 on 64-bit SunOS 5.8. We have two databases and one Oracle installation. Someone has been trying to tell me that there is a 2GB limit on the total size of the SGA, i.e. (database 1 SGA + database 2 SGA) must be less than 2GB. Is this correct?

I quite understand that there's a architectural limit per SGA, but I'm really surprised about a total limit.

Chloe Crowder
The British Library Received on Wed May 26 2004 - 11:14:42 CDT