Monitoring a Managed Standby

From: Roy <rspeaker_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 May 2004 08:27:18 -0700

Hi,

was wondering if anyone has any tested/proven scripts for monitoring a managed standby database on AIX? I'm running 8.1.7.4, with the primary & standby in separate geographic locations. I've developed a few scripts of my own to monitor various aspects of the standby log propogation & apply process, but each one seems to lead to another undiscovered / undetected issue, which if not caught in time forces me to rebuild the standby. Need scripts to make sure the logs are being created at the remote location (it's an optional destination so as not to hang up my primary), to make sure they are getting applied okay, and to cleanup the logs but only after they've been applied. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Roy Received on Wed May 26 2004 - 10:27:18 CDT