Archive logs in control file

From: Chloe Crowder <chloe.crowder_at_bl.uk>
Date: 26 May 2004 07:10:39 -0700

Hi

in Oracle 817 is there a mechanism for clearing the list of archive log files held in the control file. We interrupted the log archive mechanism on a production server and restarted later, but this means there are several thousand useless log files listed. Also in a test server where were trying out backup/recovery scenarios we've got duplicate files listed - presumably from where we've reset logs after partial recovery.

Thanks
Chloe Crowder
The British Library Received on Wed May 26 2004 - 09:10:39 CDT