Re: OMLETv4 The Ultimate Visual Real Time Oracle Monitoring Tool

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 22:01:16 +1000

"omlet v4" <amjadd_at_uop.edu.jo> wrote in message news:604b7892.0405260219.13d7c481_at_posting.google.com...
> Dear DBA,
>
> You are cordially invited to test and review our windows native and
> 100% pure Java Oracle 9i/8i Monitoring Application (OMLET). OMLET is
> the The Ultimate Visual Real Time Oracle Monitoring Tool. As the
> leading expert in your field, your opinion is highly valued and your
> feedback is ver appreciated. We would like to encourage you to distribute
> copies of OMLET to your associates and fellow DBAs. Omlet can be
> downloaded from:

[snip]

> Thank you for your time and participation.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Amjad Daoud, OCP
> The OMLET Team Lead
> Tera Knowledge Systems, Inc.

You do yourself no favours by blasting your adverts across every newsgroup that has the word 'Oracle' in them, as you will no doubt shortly disover from hoardes of irate posters here.

I always have a sinking feeling when anyone, or anything, claims to be 'the ultimate' in anything. It usually turns out that they ultimately don't know very much after all. All I can say is, I think I'm right again in respect of your offering, too. I read the table of contents of your 'tuning with Omlet' book, and felt deeply depressed. Ratio after ratio after ratio. One would have thought you'd been hiding under a stone for the past couple of years: no 'leading expert' who's actually worth the description pays any attention to ratios these days.

I'd also consult a lawyer about your trademark disclaimer. That you don't intend to infringe on trademarks is not sufficient if you then go and do precisely that.

Hopeless.
HJR Received on Wed May 26 2004 - 07:01:16 CDT