Re: The Pumpkinification of Volker

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 25 May 2004 16:57:03 -0700

quirk_at_syntac.net (Quirk) wrote in message news:<4e20d3f.0405240751.75f7e1cb_at_posting.google.com>...
> Disclaimer: Unless you are Volker, or intersted in witnessing a game
> of Dozens, there is no need for you to read this thread. Nothin' 'but
> trash talk from here on in. I'm fed up with this ass. Reasonable
> discusion on the subject continues in the old thread.

So why not newgroup in the alt hierarchy? Hardly good enough for alt.flame.

> > Even with the source, if I were to compile mysql to, let's pick
> > a platform at random, my new cellphone, I'd have to do a bit
> > more than ./configure&&make install, right?
>
> Good luck runnig Oracle on your cellphone dumbass, when I decide to
> replace one of my production database servers with a cellphone, I'll
> get back to you.

You seem to be missing that Oracle Application Server comes with the built-in ability to use small format browser clients (the "wireless" option). See the mobileXML stuff in
http://portalstudio.oracle.com/pls/ops/docs/FOLDER/COMMUNITY/OTN_CONTENT/MAINPAGE/KEYFEATURES_BENEFITS/PORTAL_10G_TECH_WP.PDF The portal stuff would take years to duplicate in mysql, if it could be done at all (internally, it's mostly stored procedures from a generator, very O dependent). It includes a number of tools where it is built in to easily define how things will look on different display sizes for each report or form.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
AAAAIIIYYYEEEE, NOOOOOOO!