Re: one port for 2 database in listener

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 23:06:37 +1000

yls177 wrote:

> hi, is it possible for 2 sids in a single box sharing a single port
> number in listener.ora?

Yes. The port in listener.ora is just a "listening" port, not a "work" port. The connection is reassigned to other ports once it has been validated and established. You can have as many instances as you want with their initial connection traffic being listened at by a single listener in a single port. Within reason, of course. I believe what you cannot have is >1 listener in the same box listening on the same port. But I may well stand corrected.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto