Re: how much space do I need for a linux redhat Oracle install

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 17:22:12 GMT

Ryan wrote:

> I got howard rogers document on how to install oracle on redhat. I have an
> 80GB HD at home and 60GB of it is filled with windows XP stuff. How big of a
> redhat partition do I need to install Oracle for Linux? Do I need a large
> swap partition?
>
> Not a linux guy. I just have a couple of books and what I read about dual
> booting on the internet. This is just for playing around at home.

Personally I hate dual-booted systems... it always seems like I need something on the "other" OS... I would find an older PC to do Redhat Linux/Oracle and that way you have access to do testing from Windows apps to a backend server.. I am sure you can find a PII or PIII with 512MB (min) and a 20-40GB HD really cheap these days..

Michael Austin
Consultant -- Available. Received on Mon May 24 2004 - 12:22:12 CDT