Re: How to completely uninstall Oracle 10g?

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 16:28:44 +1000

"Martin Mrazek" <mrazek_at_compik.fd.cvut.cz> wrote in message news:dcd39e84.0405232217.ac12d2d_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi,
> I need to move Orcl 10g installation on other local disc (under win XP
> prof). As WinXP doesn't offer the change/remove possibility in ctrl
> panels>add/remove programs for Orcl, I used Oracle universal installer
> to remove all components listed there. Anyway, Orcl homes remained
> there on the disc and in ctrl panels>admin tools>services there is
> OracleOraDb10g_home1TNSListener with automatic StartUp type.
>
> How to get rid of everything remaining? Shut down the service and
> delete manually?

It has ever been thus. The one thing the Universal Installer won't uninstall is itself. Or anything vaguely related to itself.

It is thus a question of firing up regedit and searching for any occurrence of the word 'oracle' and its siblings (I tend to search for 'ora'). And then manually deleting the swines.

And then you begin to realise the advantage of Ghosting a system before an install. Or even of installing only onto virtual VM machines.

The OUI is virus-like in what it does to Windows and in one's inability to remove it easily, IMHO.

Have fun,
HJR Received on Mon May 24 2004 - 01:28:44 CDT