Re: Interesting Oracle Data Load Scenario

From: Matt <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 May 2004 01:36:49 -0700

> Then why not use priority scheduling or resource scheduling in Oracle? You
> could have the data load log in as a specific user and give them a much
> lower priority. (eg not to exceed 20% CPU) Then the load "user" would get
> no more than 20% of the CPU if all the CPU was being used. If no one was on
> the system then it would get all of it until somone else needed some.
> Jim

Sounds like a good idea... I already have a logon trigger defined for ADHOC query users which places them into a lower priority resource consumer group. I could extend this to the data load process too.

However as I said in my previous post, the performance is not my main concern. Its the fault tolerance of the load. I want to avoid restoring production in the event of a data load failure.

Matt Received on Fri May 21 2004 - 03:36:49 CDT