Re: What so special about PostgreSQL and other RDBMS?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 00:13:54 +1000

Galen Boyer wrote:

> How do you know this number?

As someone who works in a services company who deals with a large number of Oracle sites, I know. Having discussed the matter with a number of members of the AUSOUG, I got the same feedback from them. Don't ask me for concrete names and cases, though: the company is not mine and I don't have the authority to disclose that information. And no: I do NOT provide support to old versions.

> Ah, those guys. Yeah, there are probably a boatload of them.

Yup. Quite popular with anyone who can't afford to have a dedicated development team. Synonym for: the vast majority of potential clients out there. They are also the ones likely to run free-ware apps at some future stage. Does anyone seriously believe they want to even *know* how to spell "source"?

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto