Re: Defaulting the parameters in a sqlplus script.

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 08:11:11 -0500

On 19 May 2004 10:21:15 -0500, Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 19 May 2004, micadot{at}altern{dot}org wrote:
>>
>> "Galen Boyer" <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com> a écrit dans le message
>> de news:ulljosfg5.fsf_at_standardandpoors.com...
>>> Is this possible, so that you don't have to pass all
>>> parameters at the command-line? I'm on 9i if there are any
>>> later features for this.
>>>

>> You can use "define" in your login.sql to default the parameter
>> value: define 1="first parameter" define 2="second parameter"
>
>Yeah,
>
>I didn't really want to do it that way, but ...

I'm kind of curious as to why do don't want to do it that way. If you want certain defaults -- for *anything* -- you have to set them *somewhere*. How is setting them in login.sql any different -- and less desireable -- than setting them somewhere else -- in some other file? Received on Thu May 20 2004 - 08:11:11 CDT