Re: Request in 9i slower than in 8i ...

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 10:13:34 +0000 (UTC)

At the instance level, you can do:

    alter system set "_unnest_subquery" = false;

That will get into your spfile.

Unnesting can be highly beneficial, though, so my preference would be to hint the examples where I found a problem.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Optimising Oracle Seminar - schedule updated May 1st