Re: Oracle 8i on Fedora

From: Steve <ThisOne_at_Aint.valid>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 19:09:51 +1200

i5513 wrote:
> Hi, I don't know if this forum is correct for this question. I post it
> here because is the Oracle's group most active.
>
> I installed Oracle 8.17 client and apache and php with Oracle support
> on my fedora 0.94. I had to change glibc, because a conflict with
> GLIBC_2.
>
> Now, when I have installed Oracle 8.17 + php and php connect with
> Oracle server, I can't use apt-get because it says that depending
> fails (with libclntsh.so.8.0). If I try a "apt-get -f install", it
> want's to remove php.
>
> php is build from src.rpm, changing spec file.
>
> Does somebody know about it? Thank you!

Well, I'm a bit confused here. apt-get is a Debian tool, not RedHat. Shouldn't you use rpm instead?

There are a _lot_ of resources available to get Oracle up and running on Linux. Google is your friend.

As far as php goes, I'm not sure, as I build it from tarball. However, the oci8 interface works with 9i. I haven;t tried 10g yet.

Steve Received on Thu May 20 2004 - 02:09:51 CDT